Sunday, April 25, 2010

Vegas Day 2 & 3

Day two in Vegas was uneventful. I played in the 11 a.m. Mirage $60 buy-in and went out on the final table bubble. Average results playing no limit and some luck at the table games left me slightly ahead. I wandered off to the Venetian, where they were having a deepstack tournament with a $550 buy-in. I sat down at the 4/8 half kill omaha game and got on a real heater, cashing out for about $250 over my buy in. I had been down to only $16 at one time from my $110 starting stack. Great night and a very nice poker room.

Day 3 (Thursday) again started with the Mirage tournament. I was seated with the most annoying player you can imagine. He was a big, tall Swede who was sh_t faced drunk when the game began. He annoyed everyone at our table by taking forever to muck his cards...hmmmm, shall I call, hmmmm....nope....fold. However, he was drunk lucky and kept wiping people out or doubling them up. I commented to the guy sitting next to me that he "probably will win the tournament" as he was fairly clueless and either made horrible folds or lucky all-ins. I was catching lots of pairs, but all small ones. Pocket 7's 5 times, 4's, 3's, 10's twice and my big pair....jacks. When we got to the final 4 in the tournament I suggested that we do a 4 way split of $300 each, but Mr. Drunk lucky would not hear of it, being the chip leader. At this point he had been cut off from more alcohol by management and everyone was completely annoyed, particularly the dealers. I ended up heads up with him and just anxious to be done. Second paid around $260 and when I suggested a chop....he again refused. I decided to just shove every hand and get it over with. Miraculously I became the chip leader when my Q/5 hit two pair against his A/9. He had me with the same hand later and I was on the very short stack. We then jumped up in blinds (8/16,000 with 1000 antes) and he wanted a quick break. I reluctantly agreed since I was outchipped only to see him head for the bar (cut off in the poker room). I complained, they went to get him, and I proceeded to shove until I finally got him. The dealers all thanked me, and I won $560 for first.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

That's the way to do it! I'm glad you were able to keep your head while all about you were losing their minds! Great job . . . sounds like you are having a pretty good time.