Friday, April 16, 2010

Online Freeroll

The first money I ever made online was in a freeroll. I won a pot limit omaha tournament with several thousand players and won the princely sum of $7.00. This enabled me to play in very low limit cash games and eventually into larger buy in tournaments. I have never deposited into my account and have been playing off the original money ever since. Have even been able to "sell" some of my winnings by taking cash and transferring money into other people's accounts.

Yesterday I came very close to cashing in another freeroll. There were 3,883 entrants and I ended up 27th (paid 18 places). What was interesting was that I took a dinner break late in the tournament and was surprised to come back with around 100 people left and still having 15,000 chips ( I left with 40,000). My first hand back was pocket 3's and decided to just shove with 2/4000 blinds plus antes. I doubled up when they held up against AK. Back in the hunt I ultimately shoved with pocket 5's and was called by another short stack with A/9 that had me covered. Here is the sick part. The flop was Q/6/x, the turn was a 6, the river....queen.... for two higher pair on the board, counterfeiting my two pair with the ace playing. I hate freerolls.

My friend Bob is in Salem this week visiting and called to see if I wanted to meet him at Spirit Mountain today. Does Frosty have snow balls? I was all over the invite until I realized that tonight is the American Legion tournament plus next week Bob, Geoff, Ron and I are going to Vegas, so decided to try to build up my bankroll here.

No comments: