Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Pulling Out of My Slump

Things are not well yet with my poker game. I am working hard to identify my "leaks" and weaknesses. There is an excellent site called mzonereport.com that will evaluate your play based on the data they pull from all the internet sites. I must warn you though that it is fairly disturbing to see how the statistics view you. I cannot reveal what the stats told me about my game cause too many of you play against me sometimes, but suffice it to say I am making some changes that you may notice. You can subscribe to their service and view other players' tendencies as well, but will wait to see if I think it is worth it.

Update: tonight's cash game worked out for me. After two- one hundred dollar buyins, I cashed out for $328. That was pretty much my peak of winnings, so good timing. Aces cracked by 4/7 offsuit, but made some of it back on the side pot.

Placed 8th in 18 person SNG online. On final table, I open raised with AK suited, was called by A6 suited, reraised by pocket queens, and re-reraised by pocket 10's who had the biggest stack at the table. I knew it was a sick pot, but just too big to fold...whoever won the pot would have about half the chips at the table. We ended up 4 handed all-in and the flop was terrible: 4/4/10 for the flopped full house. The A6 of hearts ended up making a meaningless flush on the river and the queens missed. Maybe next time I will let the other 3 have at it and wait for a better opportunity.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Lord I hate A-K, but I understand why you did what you did. I had the same opportunity in a tournament recently. I was not all-in but I called because 6 people called before me. My outcome was much better however because everyone checked to the river and my flush took a huge pot. I wish you'd had a better result!