Saturday, October 26, 2019

Last Tulalip Tournament

As the poker room prepares to close forever I used my $20 free play to enter one last tournament.   I added on $5 to get the extra chips and sat down at seat 8 table 12 to play.  A lady at the table began talking about a bounty on one of the regulars but I didn't really listen closely.  He is a wild man and started winning immediately, showing one huge bluff and winning with random unsuited or unconnected cards.  He got hit hard by the guy next to me then I got him all in with his KQ vs my AK.  A few minutes later I am passed $10 by the lady.  I had to ask what it was for.  Probably would have returned it but she got sticky with A9 vs my K10 on a K/9/x flop.  The turn was a 10 giving me 2 pair and she called my large bet.  River? Ace of course.  I went from 2nd chip leader to starting stack. 

My cards ran hot with aces and kings, also folding several hands that would have eliminated multiple players.  As it was I stacked at least 4.   Like I say running good until a table change and the dealer who dealt me quads only to lose to bigger quads.  I joked with Mark, who really is a good guy and a friend and said I should sit out during his deal.  If only I had.  A few hands into it, I get A/A.  With several limpers I raised the 600 big blind to 2,000.  One caller.  Flop comes K/9/x with 2 diamonds, I have the ace of diamonds.  He bets enough to put me all in, I call.  He has pocket 9's for a set, thanks again Mark, I go out in 16th place.

So, I end up with a $5 profit and head to the lunch buffet to use some comp money.  

No comments: