Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Card Protectors

I want to share with you my favorite card protectors.  While I usually don't use these, preferring to just throw a chip on my cards, I have used all of these and have a story behind each of them.
This was one of my first ones.  I like it for the message, energized! Plus it can move on its own, entertaining!!!!


This is Ganesh, the Hindu god of removing obstacles and deva of intellect and wisdom, something's needed in your poker game. I bought this from a roadside vendor in India 8 years ago, probably overpaid.


This is my sentimental favorite.  It is actually the second one given to me by my poker buddy and most loyal blog follower, Lynne (seven dewey).  She gave me the first a few weeks after I checked my straight to her on the turn then she bet into me heads up on the river when she improved.  Bad girl, lol.  It has 2 queens on it, my particular problem hand, more on that later.




So, this is the reverse side of the coin, which I see is hard to read.  It says, "To Dr Phil Do Not Lose This From 7Dewey ".  I lost the first one in Vegas and had to admit that when she asked why I wasn't using it.  The first time I used the new one, I added it to my cards after they had been dealt as an afterthought.  When I looked at them, unbelievably it was pocket queens.  As if that wasn't enough,  made quads on the hand.  Wow!  Thanks again Dewey.


This is a recent one from the soon to be closed Tulalip poker room.  It is a spinner and got it for hitting a royal flush.

Sorry about the photo angles, but this one is from a poker friend's birthday party.  Scott's sister had a bunch of these poker chips made as favors at the party/poker tournament at the Tsunami Restaurant in Wheeler, Oregon.  I was overserved before the game at the open bar and went all in without looking at my cards but lost to pocket  kings that got stubborn.  I then suggested we allow rebuys which was agreed to.  Ended up cashing, sweet.  Was a great theme party.



I picked up this one at the first World Series I attended, well, really just visited.  Was in Vegas with my old friend Bob Pischel who had scored some free nights at Caesars Palace.  I could see the Rio from our room so decided to walk there in 110 degree heat, nearly passing out.  Scored the protector from a vendor table.



This is from my most recent trip to Vegas.   It is a foil covered chocolate candy given to me by my 7 year old granddaughter.  She saw this box of them and talked her mom into buying them.  I passed out most of them at the poker games I played.

I have many more, sort of a collection.  Would like to say some are lucky, but have not found that to be the case.  We are all a little superstitious so maybe they can bring luck but at least prevent accidental mucking.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

This is great. Mostly, I'm happy you haven't lost the card protector again LOL. USE IT!!