Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Catfishing

Here is a funny story.  I am playing on WSOP play money website.  You can choose your avatar or use your Facebook photo.  I change around for fun and recently chose a young attractive woman as mine.  Better than the grumpy old man or baseball hat kid.  So, this morning the guy, Mel (my onscreen name is "adventuresinpoker"), next to me sends me a rose.  He then wants to know where I live, I tell him.  He lives in Longview.  He claims he is divorced and asks my marital status.  I tell him happily married.   He asks how long, I tell him more years than I can count.   Getting very weird so I check out.  So easy to catfish.  Reminds me of a player years ago living in Vancouver, B.C. who wanted to come to Seattle and party.  The web is a scary place.


No comments: