Monday, November 12, 2018

Zig Zag

Ever notice how sometimes we zig when we should have zagged, and visa versa?  Today was that kind of day for me.  Sleeping poorly, waking up at 4:30 a.m., unable to go back to sleep probably should have stayed home.  But, since I missed my regular poker day on Sunday, had to play the 10:30 tournament.  It started off well, almost doubling up with a turned 2nd nut flush in a multi way pot.  Then the zigs began.  Raising to $400 with pocket 9's after 2 limpers with 50/100 blinds, the under the gun older guy re raised me to 1200 after big blind called.  I immediately knew he was trapping with a big hand, aces or kings.  I fold, but the big blind shoves his last 1600 with A/10.  UTG predictably tables kings.  I am congratulating myself on a good read and good fold until the board pairs 8's and the river is a 9.  Who knew?  I then proceed to fold a suited king on the button only to see the nut flush appear on the turn and 2 pair win a huge pot.  Later fold 10/4 on the button only to see a full house and another missed opportunity.  I chase a king high flush draw only to fold on the river when it misses.  Lucky for me as a lady had ace high draw. 

My last hand was a shove of 4 big blinds with A/Q.  A/K calls.  Flop is magic, 10/Q/Q but my bd luck continues when a jack hits the river.  Like I say, just off key the whole game.

No comments: