Sunday, June 24, 2018

Karma, The Universe is Watching

Thinking long and hard today about karma.  In Hindu beliefs both thoughts and actions create future outcomes (sometimes you have to wait for that rebirth thing).  So, in my poker world, if I suck out on a hand will now someone suck out on me later?  If I chase will they chase?  Will taking money from others guarantee I will lose money later to them?  Inquiring minds want to know!

Also, if intent (thoughts) matter, how do we train our minds to avoid the bad karma situations?  I think I was a victim of that on my donations, my luck has been awful since then registering a big loss last Thursday in my Omaha game.  I have no other explanation as played my normal game with one notable exception, straddling and capping without looking at my cards until the river with a couple of other guys.  Fun but a loss. 

Planning to play tournament today, not my favorite, the no chop, which lasts late.  If blown out early will play omaha.  May have to quit cash games for a bit to limit losses until my luck or karma changes.

No comments: