Tuesday, March 14, 2017

I Can Get Lucky Too You Know!

Playing in an 18 person SNG yesterday I experienced the most luck I have had in weeks.  We were down to bubble play and I was one of the short stacks.  I shoved with AK and was snap called by the biggest stack at the table.  He had A/A.  Now, on most days this matchup would ensure a quick trip to the rail for me, but not yesterday.  I got the miracle 10/J/Q flop and he needed either runners to win or a king to chop.  Nope.  Now doubled up the same guy re-raises my A/10 suited with A/Q.  Yikes!!! No way can I get lucky twice in a row.  Nope.  I flop a 10 and eliminate him.  My bad.  My luck held up and managed to win the tournament.  Maybe the worm has indeed turned.

2 comments:

7 Dewey said...

There are weeks on end when I feel better getting my money in with the worst of it because I will get super lucky. Then there are the weeks when nothing works. Definitely a love-hate relationship.

Wow - 3 blogs in 4 days. You're either super bored or catching up LOL.

? said...

Are you going to Pendleton in April? i'll be there 11th-13th. Missed the $ by only a few places twice down in Lincoln City in the PacWest Classic so i am focused and looking to do better in Pendleton. Loved your story about Kenna; very funny. At least i didn't give any poker advice to T.J. Cloutier when i sat next to him for 4 hours at the WSOP last summer! (although, i did give him some of my chips!)