Saturday, January 28, 2017

Perfect, Perfect, Perfect


Image result for perfect image

First, a description of the players on table 2 Friday night.  Dealing is a "cadgy codger" that has been a nemesis.  He is to my immediate left in seat 9 position.  Oh great, he has position on me.  Next is another nemesis, fairly tight and wary.  Looks like there are no blinds to be stolen here.  Seat 2, I forget.  Seat 3 is the player I was heads up with for the tournament last week.  Very loose, very aggressive.  Seat 4, another loose aggressive player.  More about him later.  Seat 5, crazy man capable of monster bluffs.  Seat 6 the inevitable "stranger off the streets".  No idea how he plays and he chips up big early.  I suspect from the hands he is playing they will all be in motion soon.  Seat 7 is a nice lady who is savvy and tight.  Will not be stealing blinds soon.  Whew.  Seat 8 is our resident "has been poker pro".  Always a problem and will be facing some blind on blind confrontations soon.  Also loves to steal from the button or cut-off so will not be defending many lightly.

Play progresses for almost an hour.  I am just either getting crap cards or small pairs that call raises and miss.  I raise a couple of times and elicit folds.  My tight aggressive reputation preceeds me, or at least I think so.  With blinds now at 60/120 and the first break close, I am down to around 1700 in chips (starting with 2150).  I really have learned in this turbo that at break I need to be 1.5 to 2 x starting chips to survive.  Under the gun I am dealt AK.  I really am not a huge fan of this premium drawing hand but cannot limp, so I raise to $260.  Given my rep and position one would think most hands would fold here.  Not so much.  Seat 4 Loose/Aggressive calls.  Flop comes good for his perceived range, 9/8/3.  As the board is not dry, I fire out $300.  He calls.  Hmmm, thought I would get a fold here.  Turn card is great, another 9 and I bet bigger $600.  He calls.  This is distressing, I am now putting him on a pair, maybe 10's or Jacks.  His two pair is good at this point, so when the river comes an ace, I figure he has now been counterfeited and shove my remaining stack.  He snap calls (has me covered), and turns over his full house A/9.  Literally the only card that would have delivered my stack is the stupid ace.  He has flopped his perfect 3 outer, hit it again perfect on the turn, and hit perfect on the river.  I am home before the break begins.


1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

All I can say is "runner, runner, nothin' funner". LOL. Sorry.