Monday, January 9, 2017

May The Fours Be With You






The quarterly $100 buy-in Legion game was held yesterday.  Not planning to deal, I was drafted at the last minute for table 3.  That's o.k., first to break and some rebate on the bigger cost.  A little bit about the tournament.  The blinds are 20 minutes vs. 16 on the regular Friday night game, so not as turbo a turbo.  Also, rather than the 2150 starting stack, we each got 4150.  Good, makes for a little slower less gambling game.  Blind structure the same, 10/20 to start.

My table was insane!!!!  We posted the first high hand, quad 4's early on.  The flop was 4/4/4 and he definitely got paid off from the full house (4's full of aces).  Not long after that, I again dealt quad 4's, this time to a player holding pocket 4's.  And yes, there were 2 fours on the flop, but no she did not make much money on it.  Now do you get the title of this blog?

The quad 4's were erased from the board by quad aces on another table, so when I flopped quad 8's it was a fair pot but not huge.  A very savvy player hit 10's full on the river and only paid off my raise of his bet.  Any other player at the table would have lost all their chips to me.

Unbelievably, I dealt one more quad hand before the first break!!!  Quad were also dealt on table 1, so 6 quads in an hour.  Unreal.  I chipped up big in the un-raised big blind playing K/3 vs. A/A under the gun.  Flop was K/3/5.  I bet, she raised, I called.  Suspecting a big hand, possible a set was really happy to see a king on the turn.  I checked, she bet 1500 and I flat called.  Turn was a 10, check, bet 1500, I called (why did I not shove???).  She proudly tabled her 2 pair hand.  Later would regret not shoving as had her covered and she chipped up again then gave them all away foolishly to the savvy player (he would later hit the final table with a boatload of chips).

After breaking my table, went totally card dead.  Won zero hands and with 5700 chips, blinds at 400/800, 12 players remaining, I raised in late position with QJ of spades.  Pocket 9's called from the button and with a 7/7/2 flop, one spade, I shoved 4000.  Snap call.  The turn brought a great card, spade, giving me 15 outs (QQQJJJ, 9 spades) but the dealer failed to find any of them.  Player down. 

4 comments:

Gail Hand said...

You had a great night of exciting poker. Sorry I had to take you out, at least your chips came in 1st place

Anonymous said...

Marshall got my chips

7 Dewey said...

It's just crazy how poker runs in cycles like that sometimes. I once had 13 sets in one night playing the cash game. I basically had to play every pair I was dealt because I was hitting so many sets. I think I got quads twice and full houses almost half the time. It was nuts.

? said...

i was reading two posts ago and it reminded how much i admire the ability to deal and play. i just cannot play the game i want to play and pay attention to the things i need to watch AND deal at the same time. There is so much to see.