Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Who is the shark here?

So my first time at the retirement home poker game, I am the youngest player by 20 years.  A nice old lady immediately accuses me of being a shark.  Hmmm, have they been reading my blog?  I buy in to the 5/10/25 cent game for $4.00.  I am a little confused at first because both the green and black chips are worth a quarter.

The dealer Antes for the table, and it is dealer's choice on the game.  This could get wild.  Happily their game of choice is Omaha high/low.  I win a couple of pots, having to explain to the table captain (who incidentally they call "captain"), who actually won the pot.  Confusion on this happens frequently.

I am up a couple of bucks and feeling good until we stray into the classic home games, and some I have never heard of before.  Grocery store? Double omaha? The cross....that I have played before.  So, mostly staying out of these games, and folding the nuts once out of confusion.  We played only one texas hold em hand...my dealer choice...and had to explain it to 3 players.  WTF...the most popular game in the world!!!

The pot of the day was won with a flopped straight flush with another player betting, him raising, and the rest of us calling....me with a low draw.  Bottom line, had fun, was invited back....why wouldn't they as stuck $2.65 and 2nd biggest loser.

2 comments:

7 Dewey said...

That is hilarious. It sounds like a lot of fun though. $1.35 isn't going to hurt your bankroll ha ha!

Anonymous said...

Loved your blog Phil and shared it with my wife. Good story,