Monday, September 21, 2015

Tri-Cities Binge Poker and Scotoma

This past week was a heavy duty binge poker session.  I arrived in Pasco late Wednesday and did not play that day.  I left Sunday morning after playing in 8 tournaments and one 2 hour cash game on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  To recap my adventure,

Final Tables:  3
Cashes:  1 (2nd place) for $130
Cash game winnings (Omaha):  $154
Times eliminated from tournaments on coin flips:  4
Times eliminated from tournaments with AK:  3
Total net win/loss:  $61 loss

All in all it was a pretty fun trip.  I had a chance to see old friends, celebrate my friend Bob's birthday, play more poker than should be allowed, and did not go broke in the process.  I am not super anxious to do it again as the 6 hour trip is getting to be a bit much for me, but not ruling out another trip over the next few months.

Now to address the scotoma.  The definition is basically a "blind spot".  In a psychological sense, it is something that we just don't see, even when it is obvious.  My scotoma was the presence of the Audi Q5's of the world.  Since winning one, I am seeing them everywhere, probably 6 on the drive back to the beach.  What other blind spots do I have?  Who knows?  I am just not sensitized to them.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

It was great to see you and I promise to get to Cannon Beach soon. I really would like to play at least the Legion game once in my life.

As for blind spots - it makes perfect sense. It's like noticing cars that are just like yours after you buy one. You never really saw them before, but now they are everywhere.

I need to work on my poker blind spots. I'm sure I have them.

Play smart (but have fun)!