Monday, June 3, 2013

Running Unlucky Vs. Lucky

Playing to day in the "morning Moose", I was getting some great starting cards, QQ, JJ, KK, 1010, 77.  Lots of pairs.  I ran my chips up to around 2800, lost a couple of hands and was just above starting stack when this hand came up.  With blinds at 50/100, the player to my right raised to 275 which coincidentally was the exact amount I had in my hand to raise with.  I called and "Telemundo" re-raised another 500 out of the blinds.  The other player folded, I called with my pocket 7's with the plan to shove on a favorable flop, or fold to a big card flop.  The flop nailed me, 10/7/2 and when Mundo shoved I insta-called.  He tabled his KK.

The turn was another 10, which doubled his outs and then unbelievably the river was another 10 for his larger full house.  Now that, my friends, is a truly bad beat. 

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

That is simply gross. Personally, I have been knocked out my last 3 tournaments holding the best hand pre-flop so I can feel your pain. The only time I will probably be playing in the next 2 weeks is the 10am on Sunday (9th). Hope to see you there.