Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Been A While

I have not posted for a "while" for a variety of reasons.  Lest I lose my scant readership figured I had better get something up "post haste".  This week has been a total freaking disaster for me at the Crazy Moose.  The tournaments have been bad for me, the cash game much worse.  It seems like my aces are doomed to be cracked in big pots.  Yesterday had them twice and folded one on the flop (there were 3 diamonds, and I had none), the second on the turn when the 4th spade came (I had none....won by 7/7....one of them a spade).  Both hands was able to get away from them without a "crying call", though the first was a semi-bluff but came from in front of me with players behind to act.  Basically o.k. cards but absolutely no connections with the flop.  Thus stuck, I played the tournament today, made the final table, but was knocked out with my AJ suited vs. KQ offsuit.  Always the way, the worst hand wins.

Getting excited for the world series trip.  Just 9 days away.  Got my confirmation email on my deposit so am good to go.  Have talked to several people that have played in it, and others that will be there next week.  May have mentioned earlier that 2 friends are playing in the same event, should be fun.  I am trying to work on my attitude....trying not to get down when the bad beats come as that means that I got my money in good.  Just trying to relax and have a good time.  Isn't that what we are supposed to do in life.

Just for fun, here is a great video about dogs & cats and trust.

  

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Well, it's a darn good thing you wrote something "post haste" because your trusting & loyal fan was about to give you the boot down the stairs. What a cute video! I loved watching that sweet little puppy. I don't think it even needs to be said that I am a cat person - LOL. (Actually I used to have 4 Dachshunds - now I have 4 cats. Go figure.)

Yes, you absolutely must get into a good frame of mind for the World Series event or you will blow it. And try not to get sick like I did. That was totally no fun at all. I know you will do really well.

I'm basically not blogging at all. I've decided I'm too damned negative all the time and while we learn from our mistakes and bad beats, writing about them just makes me think about them all over again and get annoyed. So enough of that.

Long comment. Sorry about that. I'm playing Saturday & Sunday tournaments at the Moose. Hope to see you.