Saturday, February 9, 2013

But I was running so good!!





This week has been a pretty good week for me.  Cash games crushed, 5th place in two tournaments (not much money, but hey, a win is a win), running very good until yesterday.  I slipped into tilt mode after this hand:  an older player (think old = tight), raises UTG to $7.00, I call with 3/3, button, an idiot, re-raises to $27 with A/9 suited.  UTG re-raises to $47.  What do you think I do?  Correct, I fold but show Holly my hand and instruct her "don't bring it".  The donk calls, of course.  The flop has a 3, and the river is the other 3.  I lose the Monte money of $150, and the $150 pot.  Welcome to Tilt City, we hope you enjoy your stay here.

Later the game turns ulgy with Thuy, Ramon, Penny and others calling any raise with garbage and winning.  Stuck $200, I call it a night.

This morning went for the Tri-fecta at the Moose, the 8:00 I get knocked out with my A/J vs K/J, 10:00 I come in 5th for $50.00, and the All-In or Fold noon tournament I come in 8th (My A/Q vs K/Q, 9/9, and 8/8.  The nines win the main pot, I lose the side pot to 8/8 who has overcalled two all-ins......this place is donk city.

No comments: