Saturday, February 23, 2013

Double Bubble, Toil and Trouble



Starting my evening at the Legion good, an envelope for $17 from my last dealing tips.  Bad table draw, as usual, 3 calling stations and 3 donks, one "X factor" (young kid never seen before), and 2 solid players.  O.K. Down to business.  I chip up early thanks to one of the donks (who usually runs incredibly lucky) with my K/J vs. his Q/10.  Am then bluffed out of a big pot with an all-in player after the donk bluffs into the dry pot with A/J vs my A/K.....the all-in player wins and later cripples me when I flop a set of 4's, she flops a straight flush draw....and hits it on the river.  FONK!!!!

I make a good/bad preflop laydown against an all-in AQ vs. my 7/7 who is called by A/J.  Flop has his queen, but also my 7.  Crappola!!!  Would have gotten both of them, and we go to final table after that hand.  On the final table I pick up a few hands and double up with my AK vs J9.  Trouble ensues when one player refuses to pay the bubble.  We discuss him during break.  The remaining players do something cool, which is agreeing to pay the bubble without his money!  Never seen that before.  After the bubble I am next out in 5th place when I shove preflop in small blind vs. bb who has A/J vs. my Q/J.  Not a good matchup, but great flop with 10/K giving me twice the outs.  I fail to hit and am eliminated by......the guy who wouldn't pay bubble.  Crap, I wanted that pot, would have been chip leader, damaged him, instead won  $69 and after tip and bubble money netted $20.  Oh well, a win is a win. 

1 comment:

Phil said...

Examples of "running bad", despite cashing in this tournament.
1. Chopped 2 pots, one with AK, the other with KJ, same hands.
2. Flopped sets twice, lost to straight flush on first one, lost to straight on second (I had more chips both times or I am gone).
3. Last hand, shoved with QJ in small blind, big blind has AJ...dominated hand. Flopped straight draw, failed to hit.