Monday, July 11, 2011

Redemption in Steve's Tournament

Sunday morning started poorly, getting all my money in good (A/8 vs K/J), I bubbled in the 8 a.m. at the Moose.  Then quickly stuck for $70 in Omaha after being up 200 early on, I played in Steve's tournament.  Being donkey boy first out last time I was looking to redeem myself.  Nearly made Gary the first out when I raised with KJ, he called with 66 and caught a 6 on the flop of 6/10/9.  He checked to trap me and I took the free card, a brick.  He bet fairly small, about 250, and with another caller in the pot I called with my gutshot.  River....queen.  Gary bet 500, I raised to 1500 (should have hollywooded a bit) and he called.

Anyway, eventually got Gary with my A/J vs his Q/10, and ended up cashing in 4th place.  A very aggressive big guy who was the chip leader (I was second), snap called my all-in pocket 4's with JJ.  Game over, but given the blind level 1,000/2,000 and my chip stack of 14,000 it was the right play.  Only wish it had been a call from a short stack instead. 

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Yeah! Good for you! I got all-in with AK against 10-10 and hit my ace on the river so I was still alive. On the very next hand I got stupid in the big blind calling with 5-6 offsuit. The flop was 5-5-4. I checked & the guy in the big blind went all-in & he had me covered. I called. He had flopped a full house and I was done. Damn! I just got those chips!! You did very well for going out first last time.