Thursday, July 7, 2011

Finally a Winning Session

It has been "a while" since I have booked a decent win at the Crazy Moose.  Last night I tried implementing my new strategy which is basically becoming table captain and running it as a $20/20 game rather than a 2-20.  My goal was to drive out people with short stacks hoping to flop lucky for $2.
I bought in for $600, and my first two plays were $20 raises in early position.  Once with JJ, and the second time with 55.  Both times I picked up blinds plus one limper.  Small profit, but better than getting stuck.  Eventually I reverted to a less aggressive mode and made smaller raises to draw players in.  But, I stuck with my aggressiveness and seldom limped pots.  After just a couple of hours I quit $125 ahead.  Woo-hoo!

Playing again tonight I again bought in for $600, but stuck with a more passive play of limping and calling raises (never limping unless I planned to call a raise, but probably folding to a three-bet) with my big hands.  This strategy worked well and ended up cashing out for $905.00.  One big advantage to the large buy in was that later arriving players assumed that I had made my money "the old fashioned way", earning it, and tended to give my raises (and calls) more respect.

One other thing.  Last night, I was "that guy" who chases flushes and plays any two suited (connected or broadway).  It paid off big twice and lost one huge pot when I didn't get there.  Had the high hand locked up for about 10 minutes with 20 to go with AAAQQ (I had pocket queens), then got busted when KKK flopped and someone had the king.

No comments: