Saturday, July 3, 2010

Random Poker Thoughts

1. Playing in two simultaneous tournaments I had pocket 7's in one and pocket 6's in the other. The flop on one included a 7, while the other flopped a 6. Did I flop two sets? Nope, they were on the opposite tournaments, go figure.

2. A donk move gets lucky. I move all in with K9 suited, shorter stack calls with 9/3 suited and catches his three outer 3.

3. The previously mentioned donk gets knocked out the very next hand, along with another donk calling the all-in with 9/3. Hah Hah.

4. I suck out with 44 all-in vs. AA by catching my 4.

5. I heard a very bad beat story last night at the Legion. Playing in a WSOP final qualifier on line a guy was 5th in chips (paid 4 places entry in main event) with only 50 remaining players. He was all in with pocket aces vs. pocket aces and got beaten by a flush. A few hands later the same thing happened again. Very bad luck.

6. Two regular players at the Legion won WSOP main event seats. One sold his for $11,500....12,000 value prize. I think the other one is going to play. That is pretty amazing for a small group, probably 60 regular players. Shows the level of competition at the local level.

7. Knocked out of tournament this morning with pocket queens. I push all in with a fairly large stack. I am called by a smaller stack who has KK, a bigger stack with AK, and a very small stack with 5/9. Unbelievably there is a king on the flop (one outer for the largest stack...not counting the 3 aces).

No comments: