Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Legion Beats

My first hand was a disaster. There is usually a lot of passive play, early limping going on, so I decided to join in. With connectors, 6/7 offsuit I raised in late position. One of the calling station luckboxes called with Q/9 offsuit. The flop was J/10/x. He checked, I bet, he called. The turn another 10. He checks, I bet, he calls. The river, a 9. He checks I bet, he calls and takes the pot.



Later the same guy totally puts a player on tilt. The other player raised with pocket kings. Luckbox calling station calls with 9/2 offsuit. Flop is rags with a 2, he checks, player goes all in and he calls. A two on the turn sends player to the rail ranting and raving.

1 comment:

7dewey said...

I had a similar situation last night. I had J9 clubs in the big blind and checked my option. The flop was all spades 3-6-9. Having top pair and being short stacked I pushed all-in for a total of 38,000(blinds were 4000-8000 at this point). Guy to my left calls my bet leaving himself only 10,000 behind. He has only a pair of threes & the jack of spades. He naturally catches a spade on the turn. Good God. What a terrible call. I went out 2 from the money.