Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Getting on a Roll

Lately I have been doing very well in both single table and multi-table (mostly 45 person SNG's) tournaments online. I have either won or placed in the money in 5 tournaments in the last 24 hours...probably played in 8. I have been getting lucky at times, but generally just playing tight poker.

Some notable action:

Got all-in with 88 vs KK on a K/8/x flop with 2 clubs. I had the eight of clubs. Runner runner clubs made my winning hand with a flush.

Had my aces snapped by KJ. My set on the river gave him a straight.

I had a very sick suckout against the big blind with my button raise 7/6 offsuit against the QQ. Flop came Q/5/7, naturally I bet he smooth called with his set of queens. The turn is an 8, giving me the open ender. I bet he raises all-in, I call. River 4 for my straight.

Big stack raises preflop with Q/10 offsuit, I reraise all-in with AA, he flops two pair.

Short stack all-in with 6/9 called by my AJ, he flops trips and turns quads.

My AA cracked by AK, flush.

There are probably dozens of other sick things I could mention, but you get the idea.

No comments: