Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Update on Poker

It has been a while since I have written, so here goes. My week in the Tri-Cities was fairly disastrous. I had one bad loss in the cash games, and my only wins were smallish ones, with two cashes in the 10 a.m. tournaments. The last morning tournament was played with a maniac who was calling any raises with absolute junk and getting blind lucky. I missed my big opportunity with 5 players remaining when he went allin with pocket 2's. I laid down my pocket jacks because I was 2nd largest chip stack and there were at least 2 short stacks that I felt would bust out shortly. I reasoned that moving up in the payout was worth folding versus a possible coinflip situation. Oh well.

At Wildhorse, I made a last minute decision to play in the first hold em tournament. I was getting very poor cards, and frankly not playing too well. I also managed to lose a big chunk in the Omaha 4/8 kill game. One player could not lose, and had at least a $1000 in front of him. I tried to play fairly tight, but just could not get draws to come in or good flops to hold up.

On Thursday, my good friend Bob and I played in the horse tournament. I had a fair run on the omaha game before & after the tournament, paying for about 1/2 my buyin. My last hand was a holdem against a pro, Debbie Leinhos. She raised preflop (she raised a lot), and I called in the blind with Q/10 offsuit. The flop was Q/10/x, and I check/called as there was another player involved and did not want to drive him off. She bet, we both called. The turn was a 9, and when she bet after my check, I reraised all in. She had K/J for the turned straight and I was gone.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Sure am sorry to hear your last visit was no fun - my attempt at the senior's tourney in Pendleton was no fun either. I was also bummed that I only saw you for like 5 minutes the last time you were here. Hope things improve!! By the way, Ms. Leinhos knocked me out of my first limit tournament last year, so we have that in common!