Thursday, August 13, 2009

Bad Flops/Bad Matchups

There is nothing sicker than losing all your chips with a premium hand by getting a very bad flop for your hand (and a dream flop for your opponent), or by getting the worst possible matchups. Here are some recent tournament problems I have had this week:

1. My all-in with AJ, 2 callers, one with AK, the other with JK. With any flop other than 2 jacks, straight cards, or possible flush with my ace, drawing almost as dead as the KJ.

2. My AK, flop is 66K, naturally my one caller has 6/5 suited.

3. My pocket 9's all-in vs. opponent's pocket 7's ( he catches his two outer on the flop).

4. My A/9, big raise called by Q/10 (yes I know, but I was a big stack late in tournament). Flop is 9/k/j for a flopped straight. Should have been able to get away from it, but after continuation bet with a call, I pushed on turn.

I am running very very bad in tournaments this week, but doing better in cash omaha games. Just waiting for my luck to change for the better!!!

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Sounds like me . . . good grief. I read your comment about stop-and-go and I should have done that THREE times last night. Two of the times I'm sure the original raiser would have folded. See my post dated 8/14 . . . good luck in Omaha!