Saturday, July 18, 2009

What Happens in Vegas...Part I Tournaments

Back from my 5 day Vegas visit with Bob. Some "highlights" from the trip include arriving at 9:30 Saturday night and getting checked in at our hotel just in time to play in the 11:00 tournament at the Sahara. There were 83 entrants and one $20 add-on allowed in the $45 buy-in. I became the chip leader early on, taking out two players with 3 of us all-in (my queens, vs. jacks and deuces). With about 30,000 in chips I figured that I could cruise to the final table, but had to get lucky with 2 tables on my all-in kings vs. aces. I loved hearing someone at the other end of the table say "I threw away a king", but luck was with me catching the case king on the river. Bob and I both ended up on the final table (they paid 11 places), with me finishing 7th and Bob 5th....going out on a lost coin flip. We both thought it was a good start to our visit, but I am convinced that the sleep deprivation I suffered that first night cost me money in the long run.

I played in two other tournaments at Caesar's Palace, one of them twice......I busted out early losing a coin flip with my overcards to deuces....rebought and got knocked out again when I lost another coin flip with my 10's vs. AK. It just not seem fair to be on the wrong end twice!!!

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Well, at least the beginning was fun! :) I hope part 2 does include more losses . . . . I am going to post my Pendleton report and my Sunday morning Moose fiasco right now. Looking forward to Part 2.