Friday, October 6, 2017

Stuck at Last

After a really good and long run at the table, I finally got stuck good.  Not any really bad play on my part, not a crazy table, just missed virtually every draw and some real bad luck (think under-full houses, bumping into straight flushes, quads, and rivered nut low killers).  I was probably overdue for a spanking.

On a totally different topic, a couple of weeks ago we found an Italian espresso machine, a La Pavoni, at a garage sale up the street.  We paid $20, which turns out to be a great bargain except for the fact that I could not get a good espresso shot.  So, we hauled it to a shop in Seattle and the owner checked it out, explained how to properly operate it and cranked out two of the best drinks I have ever had.  It requires some work, but not too expensive, around $120, and turns out used one runs almost $400.  Great purchase and looking forward to picking up next week.  Loves me my Americano!!!

It is a beautiful machine, it is displayed at the museum in Milan.  Classic Italian design.

2 comments:

7 Dewey said...

Sorry to hear about your losses, but that sure is a great deal on the espresso machine. Wow! Don't forget to report on how yummy the drinks are!!

I won't tell you how wonderful last Saturday was since you're not doing well, but suffice it to say it was awesome.

7 Dewey said...

Last night I hit a king high straight flush for $200 and a high hand (A-A-A-10-10) for $200. However, I was already stuck so basically left even. Hope you are doing better.