Monday, April 10, 2017

Bad Beats Begone

I have been in a poker slump for a while.  Frankly, my enthusiasm for the game has been on the wane since the WSOP circuit event in February. So, have ramped up my dealing activity to mitigate the losses.  The ship may have turned starting in Tulalip, as cashed 4th place on Friday, then chopped 2/3/4 in the $100 quarterly tourney.  Also dealing both so some extra cash.

Nothing spectacular to report, just trying to play tight smart patient poker.  My cards are not running great, little connection to the flops, so must wait for premium cards, position, etc.  Still stuck for the year but slowly digging out.

Next adventure?  Rethinking WSOP.  My current schedule precludes late June, but may go for a few days early June.

2 comments:

Phil said...

Definitely made the decision not to go to WSOP this year. Researching room rates, they are insane!!!! For example, Rio which I felt was overpriced at $100 in February is $250 less $25 "WSOP special" in June. I checked around and all Vegas rates are jacked up big time. Summer? Don't remember them so high last year. No way to make money with these costs.

7 Dewey said...

That's gross. I was thinking of going to the Oregon coast for the eclipse and started looking at room availability and rates over 7 months ago. Everything was already jacked up to a ridiculous level and pretty much nothing available. What a racket. Guess we're in the wrong business huh?
Don't give up on poker. You're too good a player.