Thursday, August 27, 2015

A Couple of Thoughts




Some random thoughts have strolled through my head (as they are wont to do).  Help!  I must let them out!!!  First I have been thinking about AQ.  It has really run through the gamut of my feelings.  I still consider it a "top 10 hand", but really consider it a problem hand.  It is basically a hand that we all love to hate. Found this screen shot from 4 years ago, typical of the stuff you run into with this hand.  That said, I was eliminated from 2 tournaments this week against AQ.  Go figure.


Why does AQ suck so badly?  Got me, ask Joe Sullivan who hates it with a passion.  He keeps some detailed records of it and claims that it costs him more than any other hand.  Of course, Joe plays every hand (no winners thrown away!!) and if he claims AQ is the "biggest loser", well then I must concur.

So, how badly am I running these days?  Glad you asked.  I can barely run at all as my knees seem to be becoming arthritic.  Ha Ha!  Oh, in poker.  Here is an example from this morning.  I raise with AK suited and am re-raised all-in by A10 off.  Call.  There is a QJ on the flop so you know very well what the turn is:  the king.  But, a better example is the first tournament of the day.  I limp in with A/4 of clubs.  The flop is 10/J/x with the 10 and jack both clubs.  A player shoves, I call with the nut flush draw and hit it on the turn with the king.  The board fails to pair and I lose, Q/9 of clubs has hit a straight flush.  Now that is ugly.  Like I say, running very bad.



No comments: