Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Never Ever Play Pocket 4's

Pocket 4's are costing me a lot of money. I have busted out of at least 3 tournaments either with them, or against them. Some have involved losing races, which is just the way it goes in poker, but others have involved flopping a set, then having straights and bigger full houses develop. I had pocket 4's today in a tournament and folded them preflop against a small raise....they would have lost on the river. Last night I flopped a set, against 4/5 offsuit, who had called a $15 raise (kings), then called my reraise of his $20 raise from the kings $15 bet! He hit a 5 on the river to beat me.

My new favorite quote, "honesty is the best policy, but insanity is the best defense". Mark Twain

2 comments:

7 Dewey said...

I'm beginning to feel the same way about pocket sevens so don't feel too bad. I like the quote . . . perfect for most poker players at the Moose at lease. Have fun! I'm off to Oregon for a long weekend.

7 Dewey said...

Of course, I meant "at least". I must be tired. I need a vacation. Talk to you later!