Monday, October 20, 2008

Break Even Day at Spirit Mountain

The thing about playing poker at Spirit Mountain is that it is a killer drive. One hour forty five minutes of windey coastal roads. If you play too late, like I did today, you are faced with the drive in the dark and rain. It is always a longer drive home if you lose, which technically I did today, to the tune of $7.00 if you count the $10. free coupon I got in the mail and redeemed. So, anyway, a 3 and a half hour round trip drive, plus 7 hours of play for a loss of $1. an hour plus gas...thank goodness for cheaper gas (2.99/gal}. The one bright spot I can find is that I probably lost the least at the table. There was only one winner, and he was up maybe a couple of hundred, which is not a big win on a 4/8 kill game table.

It was interesting to check out the game at the next table. It was a 2/5 no limit game, and there were some players with several thousand dollars in front of them. I peaked over the shoulder of one player and watched him call an early position $40. raise with 4/6 offsuit! Scary!!!! I guess that is how you bust aces, but after the flop came with an ace he was out of there. I think I will skip that game for a while.

No comments: