Monday, April 29, 2019

Royalty


The Sunday Omaha game started later than usual due to the giant end of month tournament.  I grabbed the next to last seat but it was my favorite, the #9.  Good choice as I hit 3 high hands worth $100 each.  Getting stuck early is my worst nightmare as you then have a hole to dig out of.  The very first hand flopped a set of 8's but the player next to me flopped a set of queens.  Had many killer flops of 2 and 3 pairs which seldom won or improved, even two 4 pair hands which is tough to do!!!  Won my first high hand with a baby full house 77733, the second with aces full of kings, and the third.....may I refer you to the picture above.  Playing A/Q of spades, the K/J flopped with the 10 on the river.  Sweet.  Funny thing, my buddy Bruce, sitting in the 8 seat had a queen high straight flush on the board.  We were just talking about how you could never relax but looked nearly impossible to beat, then 2 hands later.....

It was a table for big hands as the 1 seat had hit a royal earlier and sadly there was a bad beat in the muck with 8/9 suited.  Over 9000 in bad beat, my table share would have been 500 or so.  Also, i mucked a hand that would have made an 8 high straight flush.  Starting cards were 6/7/9 spades, with Q clubs.  Folded preflop, flop came 4/5 spades with 8 on river.  Could have played it in this very loose game with 7+ players most flops. Overall happy with results and average play, netted $165.

Monday tournament saw me with little more than starting chip stack but wormed my way onto final table and $90 (net $50) win for 5th place.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Royal flush! Awesome. It has to be easier to hit them in an Omaha game right? I've had one in my entire life (with both cards playing) and that was way back in 2010. I've had two with only one card playing. All three involved the ace, king or ace-king of spades. Weirdness.

It was great talking with you on the phone today. I will definitely give you some notice as the baseball trip gets closer. It's not for almost 3 months.

Win!!