Thursday, December 21, 2017

High Hand Hosing

Some days the Omaha high hands are easy peasy. Sometimes they are won with very weak full houses.  Sunday I had the high hand of 99955 until seconds before the cutoff time (every half hour) when I was beaten with 25 seconds left by AAA22.  If that was not enough for the player, almost immediately he hit quad jacks for back to back high hands.

Today, I posted quad 8's which looked very good to win high hand.  The player to my left then hit quad queens.  Ouch.  He then lost to another player on our table who got runner runner for a 3 gap 7 high straight flush (he was playing a 3/7 suited).  He didn't even realize what he had as he check called a bet on the river.

Then, I hit an 8 high straight flush with maybe 15 minutes left.  I was playing a 5/6 suited with a 3/4 flop in diamonds.  I hit the 7 on the turn and an 8 on the river, unbelievably, a player at our table made a gutshot 9 high straight flush a few hands later.  What the what?  My hand was the best posted in over 4 hours of play!  He was sitting pretty, waiting to cash in when from another table, the dealer called out "Royal Flush".  Unfreakingbelievable!!!  Either of our hands would have been good for the money during any other half hour period.  Sadly, I really needed the money to break even.  It was not a good day for me  

No comments: