Monday, March 21, 2016

Why I Hate The Pendleton Poker Roundup

Yesterday morning I cooked eggs for the monthly American Legion fundraiser breakfast.  One of our customers was a poker player from the Friday night game.  During a "lull" in the cooking I chatted with him for a bit.  He mentioned the poker roundup and his plans to attend.  That got me to thinking about all of the bad beats I have suffered there.  If you have previously suffered from a post about this topic, I apologize.  Just too lazy to go through all of them to find it.  So here they are, not in any particular order:

1.  Turned a straight (which was due to be chopped with another player, who jammed it), we were both rivered by a random 2 pair hand that filled up.
2.  Shoved from the big blind pre-flop with A/A, and was called by 3 limpers.  Flop was paired, checked to river, and won by AJ hitting a flush.
3.  Turned a queen high straight, all-in called, beaten by the two pair which filled up on the river.
4.  Flopped top pair with flush draw.  Beaten by flopped top set when flush did not come in.
5.  Same player, the next year (some random "pro" woman), hit her straight on the river against my flopped 2 pair.
6.  Lost with AQ vs. AK on an ace high flop.

So by my calculations, I have lost over $1000 where I got my money in good.  No wonder I am sour on Wildhorse.  My best day there was the Omaha game where I won over $500 on one hand.  Still love the picture of those chips:) .

2 comments:

7 Dewey said...

Methinks thou dost protest too much, although those are not great ways to lose for sure. Perhaps you go unknowingly play there with a bad attitude and karma bites you in the butt. Sorry you have such bad luck in Pendleton, but you shouldn't give up. You know as well as I do that poker can turn things around in a heartbeat.

Phil said...

I am the poster boy for poker optimism. I forgot about bad beats in Omaha tournament and horse during the razz round. Just not a good tournament for me.