Friday, November 19, 2010

Quick Pasco Trip

I made a quick trip to Pasco this week. My daughter asked me to drive there with her for business. We arrived Wednesday afternoon about 2:00 and Matt had sent me a text message about the Omaha game starting at 4:00: sign me up sir!!!

I was extremely lucky in the game and after getting stuck $100 I cashed out 3 hours later for $545.00. Nice day at the office. Big hands: flopped quad queens with someone else doing all the betting. Flopped quad 4's, same bettor.

Tonight at the American Legion I managed to limp into the final table short stacked, avoid the bubble and cash out in 6th place for $71.00. Not a big win, but with the cards I was dealt not a bad outcome. Final hand: Big aggressive stack at the table bet enough to put me all in. He had been raising with a variety of hands, including big suited cards, small pairs (saw him lose 5's vs. 6's), and calling big raises with A/10 offsuit. I had pocket 5's and figured at least 50% chance for a race. He had pocket 8's vs. my pocket 5's. Oh well, given my chipstack it was an o.k. call, had only 2 more hands before my big blind of 1/3 my stack.

No comments: