Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Pay Attention, Donna!

Some games you look around the table and say "s--t". This morning was a prime example. Three of the country's premier calling stations were seated, along with two of the biggest bluffers known. A couple of hands happened that caught my attention. The first one, Frank, a solid player who was short stacked pushed all-in (with A/8 suited). Donna, a.k.a. ATC does not realize he has pushed and says call from the small blind while throwing in a chip to complete the blind. Sorry, verbal binding. In go another 600 chips and she turns over 7/9 offsuit. A 9 on the flop seals Frank's fate.

A few hands later, I check my big blind with 9/5 offsuit with 4 limpers, including "ATC". The flop is A/J/5 for bottom pair. Checks around. Turn is a 7, checks around. River is another 7. I bet $200, fold to ATC who says "I will keep you honest" and throws in 1000. She says, "I just wanted to call". Too late, pay attention next time. I reluctantly fold the best hand as the call would have cost me nearly all my chips. TRY PAYING ATTENTION!!!!!

I am knocked out of the tournament on my all-in by Sarge who has me exactly covered. I have KQ suited, he calls with.....A/8 offsuit. Two of my suit on the flop with his ace, and both a flush draw and gutshot miss. Bye bye nightmare table.

2 comments:

7 Dewey said...

Good lord - I feel your pain. Donna just makes me absolutely nuckin' futz most of the time. She does not know how to pay attention. Clark is always annoyed when he is at the table with her because she almost always tries to act out of turn. When will these bozos ever learn? Better luck next time!!

7 Dewey said...

Just to make you feel better - last night in the ladies tournament Donna tried to get action by limping in with aces. I gave her plenty of action and took most of her chips when my K9 suited flopped 2 pair. I ended up with a full house on the river. I even got her to payoff my value bet and she was not happy. I took her chips (and others) and put them to good use by taking first place. Sometimes you gotta love players like Donna :)